Cats

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Johnnie Fox's Pub 23 May 2015



The highest pub in Ireland - up in the mountains 30 minutes drive outside of Dublin and they even have a shuttle bus to get you there - I call that service. If you want the "Irish" experience - this is it. With good food. The day before I had randomly snapped a pic of a horse and cart in Dublin and then we went there for lunch on Saturday.


Much of the stuff collected seems to end up in the pub.



It's probably best to view it in dim light but the service was good, there was live music - songs my father used to sing. It was strange to realise that I actually knew all the words. The food was excellent, I thought I'd go traditional and went for Bacon and Cabbage with a parsley sauce - much better than it sounds. Strange, where it comes to food I have no inclination to take pictures beforehand - sorry about that. Appetite wins out most times.


My Irish genes showing - I haven't drunk beer for years, but it's almost obligatory here, as long as you aren't driving. A shandy goes down really well after a busy morning of sightseeing.



No comments:

Post a Comment