Cats

Sunday 23 April 2017

Family Holiday March 2017 - London 20.3.2017


Another trip into London and just look at the weather!


I spent the morning at the Consular Section of the SA Embassy attempting to renew my SA passport.  Despite taking everything I could possibly think of along with me, I still need one more document - of course!  What surprised me was how they have managed to replicate Home Affairs on this side of the world. Seated in uncomfortable chairs facing in to the room, I could have been in Barrack Street in Cape Town - it was such a strange experience! All the same people, on both sides of the counter, the only difference was the temperature - it was cold. Quite bizarre!


The doors are closed at 12.45 and whoever is left in the room waits to be processed, so by 2.30pm I was out and met up with Kate & Kean who had spent the morning at the Tower of London Dungeons, a bit more fun than my morning.


After a quick bite in the freezing cold, we headed over to 20 Fenchurch Street and the Sky Garden. It started pouring on the way so the view was a bit disappointing, but it was warm.



I love this picture - who would believe that our first argument of the holiday was happening? I think Dayne was surprised that it had taken 4 days, she had predicted half an hour. We all know the buttons to push ...


Cold and wet.





Heading towards St Pauls, the rain lifted a bit.







Another national sport - complaining about something.


We had an appointment with The London Eye.


This is the first time I've done this - it was great. I would definitely recommend the trip.



This was 2 days before the awful Westminster attack and shooting. What a world we live in, hatred and violence and discrimination - the human condition. Along with tolerance and kindness. You can't live in fear though, take reasonable precautions and then get on with your life - that's my motto.




What a view!





No comments:

Post a Comment