Cats

Thursday 21 July 2016

Forest walk 30 June 2016

Awake at the crack of dawn, as usual, I decided this morning to take a walk further up the hill to see what there was to be seen. The hills are heavily forested around Tintern and I think this area is part of the Forest of Dean - a very ancient Woodland.


I found a forest road leading into the forest alongside the Scout Camp. It was still quite early so no one around and very peaceful.  The mud was something to behold!


Trying to keep to the side was sometimes difficult but I still managed to go quite far in.  There had been a vehicle through there - I can't imagine trying to drive in that mud.


So many different shades of green.


Admitting defeat I headed back to the road and walked alongside the strongly running stream back to the house.



These flowers and leaves in the garden look jewel-like.






No comments:

Post a Comment