Cats

Thursday 14 January 2016

Cape Town December 2015

I had been counting the days until this trip.  So just as the festive season was getting into full swing I headed off to Heathrow and Air Egypt.  What can I say about that airline?  Well, they didn't serve any wine and there were no movies available on the Africa leg of the trip!  Made for a very long flight ...

But eventually we got to Cape Town and it was lovely to be home.  It was hot and the sun was shining, bright enough to almost blind my poor, unaccustomed to light, eyes.  After a nap we headed off to Kalk Bay and Ann & Revel's 30th wedding anniversery dinner - isn't that impressive!  It was all family and absolutely wonderful.  I miss these people!

Can you see the family resemblance?  My brother Tony and my sister Ann.


Dayne and Matt, Kate and Kean - waiting for dinner ...


Catching up on all the news


The other intrepid travellers, Andrea and Nick who have recently spent 8 months in South America.


The next set of intrepid travellers - Chane and Ryan (Ryan missing from the photo because he was cooking dinner along with Revel so no photos of the chefs, sorry!) - who are off to the far east.


Matt and Kean, enhancing the view



What a wonderful evening.  No place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment