Cats

Sunday 3 January 2016

London 5 December 2015

And I'm back!  With a lot of catching up to do.  Hope you're all still there and had a fantastic holiday season wherever you were.  I was in South Africa for 2 weeks, but before we get there, I still have the London post to do.

I needed to do some Christmas shopping before I left and I decided to go to the theatre during the same trip to London.  It was a cold and rainy day (yes, I know, it's always cold and rainy but in the interests of meteorological accuracy!).  The Brits really know how to do Christmas and somehow its appropriate.  The lights and decorations brighten up the grey, you need the warmth of the roast dinners and you really need those christmas jumpers - which are worn without embarrassment.


I started off in Covent Garden heading towards Stanfords, that amazing shop that has more maps than you could ever need!


Through Leicester Square which was absolutely buzzing.


Then just walking around trying to find the theatre.  I did get quite lost but, no problem, I eventually got there and now I know!


This was a very unhappy horse. The guardsman had his hands full keeping him under control.



The show I went to see was "Mr Foote's Other Leg" and took place in the Theatre Royal Haymarket. The show is autobiographical and very, very funny.  Simon Russell Beale takes the lead roll.  I took one photograph in the theatre and was then hissed at by the usher so that was it.  It was wonderful.


It was only around 5pm by the time the show finished and already pitch dark outside.  Regent Street was just around the corner so I took a walk.  If I thought the morning was busy, the evening was crazy.  Hordes and hordes of people.




After fighting my way into Piccadilly Circus Tube Station - there really was that many people - I headed off home.


No comments:

Post a Comment